This week has been just that for me. Seriously, the best ever (or at least in the very recent past)! You totally want to know why, right?
- I was asked to be a blog contributor for Kids Clothes Week Fall 2014 (October 20-26; get ready!). Check out my awesome and highly official badge >>>>
- Flip This Pattern competitors for this Fall were announced (I’m one of them!), and I’ve already received so much encouragement from the blogosphere.
- Sushi. On a holiday.
- We now have a second vehicle (after seven years as a single car household). It’s a manual and I’ve only killed it a couple times. :)
- After being cancelled all last week due to ALL THE KIDS being ill, E’s back on her “preschool” schedule.
- Homemade pumpkin doughnut muffins. On a holiday.
- I sewed two garments of which I am extremely proud. They were specifically for the Willow & Co back to school contest. I didn’t win, but even the best weeks ever aren’t immune to a little bummer here and there. I’ll be blogging about my entries soon!
- Chris received a $400+ tip from a customer. BONUS: he also brought home another vintage sewing machine for me!
- I bought some really exciting fabric for a really exciting project.
- I haven’t checked my blog stats all week, which has been an incredibly freeing habit to pick up (or lose?).
- Chris had a day off this week (unusual) and we spent it together as a family–mostly playing with Lego. :)
And the icing on the cake? I received the message in the image above. I applied a month ago for what would be my first craft show (a juried one, at that). I made the cut and will be setting up shot at The Little Craft Show in Fayetteville, Arkansas on December 5 & 6. If you’re local, I’d love to meet you at the show–stop by my booth!
I’m kind of freaking out. I have a lot to do in order to be ready for the show. Sew like crazy and put together an awesome display, that is. SO, let this post serve as a bit of a warning that I might not be around as much the next couple of months. I’m sure I’ll still be busy on Instagram (@glitterandwit), but the blog posts will start to slow. Fortunately I have about 15 things I haven’t shared yet, and I’ll try to share my show progress occasionally, too.
You guys are the best!