Pattern: from this Japanese pattern book (again)
Size: 90cm (2T)
Fabric: grey flannel and a fun floral cotton, both from my stash
I was a bit more adventurous with this skirt. The original pattern suggested using one single cut of fabric for the whole skirt. Instead, I chose a contrasting fabric for the waistband and pockets, and even spliced the pattern (adding extra seam allowances, of course) to use the contrasting fabric for the box pleats. I also had to make the casing wider to allow for the elastic I had on hand.
Sewing went nice and easy for this pattern, except for that point in which I didn’t understand the picture and had to ask my husband’s friend to translate the text for me (thumb’s up for knowing someone who knows Japanese!). Yeah… the translation didn’t help, but I eventually figured it out. I also lost the back of the skirt for an hour. That’s what I get for taking it from my sewing room to show my husband the progress! Though I’m not sure I would have lost it if I weren’t
pregnant crazy pregnant.